“Being a good writer is 3% talent, 97% not being distracted by the internet.”
Write a Short Film*
This Workshop covers two major perspectives of Screenwriting:
Screenwriting- The Technique
Screenwriting- An Art
• It all begins with a story
• What is a story and why do we tell them?
• Why are movie stories special?
• The difference between Story and Plot
• How movies handle story
• The three main approaches to Screenplay Structure: Three Act Structure, Sequence Structure & The Hero’s Journey
• Screenplay format and types of scripts
• The Log Line
• Writing a screenplay
- Workshop Material: 1 Study Script, Script Format, Original Story used to Adapt to Script
- Certificate of Completion (This will only be issued once all assignments are completed, submitted and approved)
- Eligibility to attend Advanced Script writing Courses with The Open Film School
You will be taken through various aspects of creating a technically sound and creatively rich script. By the end of this course you will have an understanding of the basic principles involved with writing a screenplay and the motivation to start your script.
Duration: 2 months (3 days a week)
Mode : Online/classroom
Certification: Completion of a 10 min. Short film screenplay
Fees: Rs. 21,000.
*This course is a prerequisite to attend the other courses with Jay such as “Story Bank & Character Development”, “Script Analysis & Script Doctor”, “Research & Mind-Mapping”\\, etc. The program will be conducted by Jay Gholap Alumnus New York Film Academy. Currently working as a script consultant, Documentary and corporate filmmaker. Previous experience includes AD to Ram Gopal Verma.